Welcome to the ultimate guide for finding the best left-handed acoustic guitar of 2023! We understand it can be hard to find a guitar that fits your creative needs and budget, but don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re a beginner looking for an affordable instrument or a more experienced player searching for something with more features, we have all the information you need. So sit back, relax and let us help you pick out the perfect left-handed acoustic guitar!
Best left handed acoustic guitar 2023
- Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar (Editor’s Pick)
- Fender CD-60S Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar (Best Overall)
- Vangoa Left Handed Guitar (Budget Friendly)
- Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- WINZZ Series – Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar
- LEFT Handed 3/4 Size (36 Inch) Acoustic Guitar Hola! Music
- Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic
1) Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar
The precision and brilliance of the Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar are perfect for left-handed guitar players. This guitar guarantees a great playing experience with its many features and high-quality craftsmanship.
Beautiful Design and Woodworking
A Natural Look: The Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar stands out in Natural colour with its intricate woodwork. Material selection and attention to detail show its quality construction.
Sonic Excellence of Wood: The guitar’s spruce top resonates and warms. The laminated wood body ensures durability. The silky mahogany back and neck improve playing. Purpleheart wood makes the fretboard look lovely and distinctive.
Combining Phosphor Bronze and High Carbon Steel strings, the Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar creates a balanced and harmonious tone that captivates listeners. This combination creates a warm, brilliant tone.
Stable Bridge for Tuning: The guitar’s Purpleheart wood bridge mechanism supports correct tuning. This feature makes the instrument reliable and consistent.
The Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar is designed for left-handed players to play comfortably and easily. Its ergonomics make every strum, chord, and note easy, regardless of skill.
Versatile and Accommodating: This full-size guitar with a C note instrument key fits all skill levels. The well-balanced design balances form and function.
Unyielding Quality: The Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar is synonymous with durability. Its painstaking workmanship and dedication to quality ensure long-term performance. Its timeless natural colour enhances its durability and beauty.
Elegance in Weight: At 9.44 pounds and 43.39 x 21.42 x 7.4 inches, this instrument is portable without sacrificing quality. Transport and convenience are assured by its small weight.
Powered by Precision: A lithium metal battery powers this guitar for precision and performance. The DAG-1CL model number indicates its high quality and distinction.
Prelude to Melodic Journeys: A Perfect Beginning The Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar is the perfect beginner package for left-handed musicians. Its sturdy build, rich sound, and fine tuning make it a great choice for musicians who want both playability and musicality.
Enduring Legacy: The Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar is designed to last. It enhances left-handed guitar players’ musical narratives with its exquisite craftsmanship, adaptable design, and harmonic tone. Enjoy the Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar’s craftsmanship, sound, and musical journey.
Must Read – Best travel acoustic guitar
Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Gear4music Guitars
- The Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar is a complete starter kit for left-handed players, providing all the necessary components for a comfortable and enjoyable playing experience.
- The guitar is made with well-crafted wood, ensuring excellent durability and an aesthetic appeal.
- The guitar produces a warm, bright, and balanced sound, making it suitable for all proficiency levels.
- The purpleheart fretboard and bridge system add an aesthetically pleasing touch to the guitar.
- The guitar is powered by a lithium metal battery, which is included in the package, making it ready to play right out of the box.
|specifications||Most Complete Guitar Starter Kit|
|specifications||Well Made Wood Craftsmanship|
|specifications||Warm Bright Balanced Sound|
|specifications||Playability for Left Hand|
|specifications||Stay in Tune|
2) Fender CD-60S Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
The Fender CD-60S Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is a masterpiece with features for all guitar players. This musical marvel comes in Light Brown, Brown, and Black colours and has exquisite characteristics that enhance its performance.
A Woodcraft Symphony
Attractive Colours: The Fender CD-60S comes in Light Brown, Brown, and Black. Each colour exudes sophistication and style, letting players choose their instrument’s identity.
This guitar’s sturdy spruce top and mahogany body produce a warm, rich sound. These excellent woods create a deep, characterful sound that captivates listeners.
Playability Redefined: The Fender CD-60S’s 25.3″ scale mahogany neck and 20-fret Walnut fingerboard make playing smooth and pleasant. Your fingertips effortlessly play every note, chord, and melody, sparking creativity and expression.
The Fender CD-60S amplifies your guitar’s voice with a unique blend of pickup settings. This function makes it easy to connect your guitar to an amplifier, increasing your sound and reaching every corner of the room.
Strings That Sing: Phosphor Bronze strings give the instrument a lovely sound. Your compositions gain depth from the strings’ rich, warm sound.
A Left-Handed Players Home
The Fender CD-60S’s iconic dreadnought body form and comfortable playability make it a great companion for beginners and experts. This guitar is a worldwide friend for musicians seeking a musical companion.
Made to Last
Durable Construction: The Fender CD-60S delivers a long-lasting musical experience with superior materials and meticulous craftsmanship. Solid craftsmanship makes the guitar a reliable partner on your musical journey.
Enjoy the Lightness: This guitar weighs 8.15 pounds and is 45 x 17 x 7.4 inches, making it portable without sacrificing quality. Its lightweight design lets you carry your music everywhere.
A Number Symphony
Distinct Identity: The Fender CD-60S Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar’s item model number, 970115021, shows its quality and distinction.
In conclusion, the Fender CD-60S Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is a musical masterpiece for beginners and experts. Its wide tone spectrum, comfortable playability, and flexible pickup configurations make this instrument an extension of your musical individuality. Accept the Fender CD-60S and play an instrument that matches your musical path.
Must Read – Best Yamaha acoustic guitar
Fender CD-60S Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Alamo Music Center
- The Fender Cd-60S Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar has a solid spruce top and mahogany body, providing a rich and warm tone that is perfect for both beginners and experienced players.
- The guitar is equipped with a walnut wood fretboard, ensuring a smooth and comfortable playing experience.
- The hardtail bridge system ensures excellent tuning stability and sound transmission, making the guitar an excellent choice for those looking for a reliable and high-quality guitar.
- The guitar’s creme plastic nut adds to its aesthetic appeal, making it a stylish choice for those looking for a guitar that looks as good as it sounds.
- The guitar is built to last, with an item weight of 8.15 pounds and a product dimension of 45 x 17 x 7.4 inches, making it an excellent choice for those looking for a reliable and durable guitar.
|specifications||Solid spruce top mahogany body|
|specifications||Creme Plastic Nut|
|specifications||Case Not Included|
3) Vangoa Left Handed Guitar
The Vangoa Left Handed Guitar is a high-quality, affordable instrument for left-handed musicians. Its sleek black appearance oozes modern charm, while the harmonious blend of spruce wood atop and laminated wood for the body creates a pleasant and balanced tone.
Made for Comfort and Performance
Experience comfort and expertise with the Vangoa Left Handed Guitar. Its Okoume wood neck and scientific wood fretboard provide a comfortable grip and lovely sustains. This beautifully built left-handed guitar offers a gateway to music with grace and ease.
A Musical and Aesthetic Symphony
The left-handed Vangoa Left Handed Guitar makes the transition easy for lefties. Its steady and resonant sound comes from a spruce top and laminated mahogany body, perfect for beginning musicians.
Unveiling Beginner’s Dream Kit
Start your musical career with the Vangoa Left Handed Guitar’s complete beginning guitar kit. This set contains a gig bag, tuner, pick, capo, strap, and strings—everything a beginner needs to start playing.
Created for Durability
A timeless style and steel string liveliness combine in the Vangoa Left Handed Guitar. These strings have a brilliant tone and a long lifespan, guaranteeing your musical passion lasts.
Freedom to Play, Precision in Design
The Vangoa Left Handed Guitar extends your musical goals with its flexible setup. Its fixed bridge system ensures tuning stability and sound projection, demonstrating the expertise dedicated to your musical journey.
Unmatched Comfort and Resonance
Strumming the Vangoa Left Handed Guitar’s Okoume wood neck and scientific wood fretboard is smooth. This balanced combination ensures comfort, precision, and a rich tonal pallet.
A Legacy of Support Beyond the Guitar
Vangoa Left Handed Guitars are instruments and promises of constant support. The brand’s after-sales service eases your musical journey. This instrument is portable without sacrificing performance, weighing 6.89 pounds and measuring 41.73 x 18.9 x 5.31 inches.
Your Left-Handed Musical Odyssey
The Vangoa Left Handed Guitar excels in left-handed music. Crafted for comfort, performance, and a complete beginner guitar set, it helps aspiring musicians. Spark your enthusiasm, embrace your left-handed adventure, and let the Vangoa Left Handed Guitar’s harmonising tones match your musical goals
Must Read – Best acoustic 12 string guitar
Vangoa Left Handed Guitar First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Guns and Guitars
- The Vangoa Left Handed Guitar is a complete beginner guitar kit designed specifically for left-handed players, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable playing experience.
- The guitar is easy to adjust, ensuring that it can be set up to suit the player’s individual preferences.
- The fixed bridge system provides excellent tuning stability and sound transmission, making it an excellent choice for those looking for a reliable and high-quality guitar.
- The worry-free after-sales service provided by the brand ensures that players can enjoy their guitar without any worries and that any issues can be promptly and effectively addressed.
- The guitar is lightweight and compact, with an item weight of 6.89 pounds and a product dimension of 41.73 x 18.9 x 5.31 inches, making it a portable option for those looking for a guitar they can take with them on the go.
|specifications||Complete Beginner Guitar Kit|
|specifications||Left Handed Design|
|specifications||Easy To Adjust|
|specifications||Stable And Clear Sound|
|specifications||Worry Free After Sales|
4) Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar
The Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar is a shining example of quality and affordability. This masterwork suits both beginning and intermediate left-handed guitarists. Its matte black appearance is modern, and the combination of spruce wood on top and laminated wood on the body creates a warm, harmonising tone.
A Guitar for Beginning Musicians
Enter the world of music with the Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar, a comfort and performance treasure. Its Okoume wood neck and engineered wood fretboard blend flawlessly to create a satisfying, sonically rich playing experience with lasting sustain.
A Harmonic Soundscape
The Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar is an artistic expression tool. The left-handed shape makes this instrument easy to use for musicians. The spruce top and laminated mahogany body create a sturdy, welcoming, and radiantly resonant sound suited for players of all levels.
Release Performance Power
A piezoelectric pickup lets the Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar carry your song to the stage. Clarity and depth from this guitar will enchant your audience. This instrument gives you control with its intuitive and user-friendly design, making it a great choice for all players.
Tuning Precision at Your Fingertips
The Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar is about precision as much as music. This guitar’s 18:1 tuner ratio lets you tune quickly and accurately, keeping your melodies faultless. The fixed bridge mechanism ensures tuning stability, letting you play confidently and harmoniously.
Made for Durability and Comfort
The Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar is durable and comfortable underneath. Mahogany back and Okoume wood neck provide durability, while engineered wood fretboard ensures a smooth playing experience. This guitar expresses your artistic uniqueness.
A Journey with Endless Options
The Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar invites artists of all levels on a melodic journey. This versatile instrument lets you create your own masterpiece whether you’re a novice or an intermediate performer. Take your music to the next level with the Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar.
Must Read – Best acoustic guitar for 12 year old
Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar First Hand Review Video
Video Source: ITR Reviews
- The Vangoa Left Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar is a versatile and high-quality guitar that is perfect for both intermediate and beginner players.
- The guitar has a piezoelectric pickup configuration, providing excellent sound quality and clarity.
- The fast tuning and staying in tune abilities of the guitar, with an 18:1 tuner ratio and a fixed bridge system, ensure an excellent playing experience.
- The guitar is made with high-quality materials, including a spruce wood top, laminated body, mahogany back material, and okoume wood neck material, ensuring excellent durability and reliability.
- The guitar is a full-size guitar, providing a comfortable and enjoyable playing experience.
|specifications||Fast Tuning and Stay in Tune 18|
|Top Material Type||Spruce Wood|
5) WINZZ Series – Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar
The WINZZ Series Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar is a masterpiece intended for left-handed guitar players seeking perfection. The Linden top, Basswood body, and Linden back create a warm, inviting, and harmonically rich symphony, while its unusual Green tint attracts the eye.
Designed for Comfort
The WINZZ Series Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar takes you on a musical trip with comfort and playability. Its Okoume Wood neck makes playing smooth, and its Technical Wood fretboard adds elegance and modernity.
The Perfect Sound-Design Combination
Enhance your music with the WINZZ Series Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar, which is both beautiful and musical. Left-handed players can express their musicality on its rich, warm, and harmonically balanced sound, created by careful material selection.
Develop Your Creativity
The WINZZ Series Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar boosts creativity with its variable pickup arrangement. Send your melodies to an amplifier for clarity and depth. This versatile guitar has several choices to enhance your sound.
Strings that Sing The WINZZ Series Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar has exceptional tone. Its Phosphor Bronze strings give a rich, warm sound that captivates your song.
Symphony of Design and Durability
The WINZZ Series Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar is a work of art. It fits your style and technique as a left-handed player. The stunning green colour, Linden top, Basswood body, and Okoume wood neck create a sturdy and beautiful instrument.
Your Musical Odyssey Begins
The WINZZ Series Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar takes you on a magical musical journey. Its playability and musical qualities make it a favourite instrument for beginners and pros alike. Its full costume includes everything you need to start playing, making it a perfect musical partner.
Release Your Melody
Increase your musical tale with the WINZZ Series Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar. For left-handed players seeking excellence, it blends aesthetics, comfort, and performance. With this masterwork, let your songs flow effortlessly on stage or in your home.
Must Read – Best acoustic guitar for 12 year old
WINZZ Series – Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar First Hand Review Video
Video Source: WINZZ Guitar
- The Winzz Series Left Handed 36 Inches 3/4 Acoustic Guitar is a first choice for many left-handed players, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable playing experience.
- The guitar has a balanced sound and smooth playability, thanks to its high-quality materials, including a linden top, basswood body, and okoume wood neck material.
- The guitar has an exquisite hunter green color, adding to its aesthetic appeal.
- The guitar comes with a full outfit, ensuring that players have everything they need to get started playing right away.
- The guitar is a compact and portable option, with an item weight of 6.65 pounds and a product dimension of 37.3 x 23.6 x 3.8 inches, making it an excellent choice for those looking for a guitar they can take with them on the go.
6) LEFT Handed 3/4 Size (36 Inch) Acoustic Guitar Hola! Music
Introducing Hola! Music Left-handed 3/4 Size (36 Inch) Acoustic Guitar — a balanced blend of quality and cost for young left-handed players and performers. This guitar’s natural colour and carefully selected spruce, rosewood, and mahogany wood provide an attractive and harmonically balanced sound.
Made for Play and Comfort
The Hola! Music LEFT Handed 3/4 Size Acoustic Guitar offers comfort and ease of play. Its mahogany neck and walnut fretboard blend well for a smooth, satisfying experience. With a 3/4 size for small hands, this guitar suits young musicians and beginners.
Elegance in Sound and Beauty
The Hello! Left-handed 3/4-size music Acoustic guitar is art, not simply a tool. With a spruce top and rosewood body, it sounds warm and balanced with depth. Mahogany back and neck enhance the guitar’s harmonic timbre, giving a warm and uplifting sound.
Musical Companion for Beginners
The Hola! Music LEFT Handed 3/4 Size Acoustic Guitar helps novices start music. The steel strings’ dynamic tone is engaging and long-lasting. A pickup arrangement is unnecessary, making it perfect for individuals who seek raw and natural acoustics.
The Melodic Canvas for Aspiring Musicians
The Hello! Music LEFT Handed 3/4 Size Acoustic Guitar is an aesthetic masterpiece that meets your musical goals. Its stunning natural colour and attention to detail compliment your musical journey. Its 1 pound weight and 19 x 5 x 2 inch proportions make it portable for musicians on the go.
The Simplicity Symphony
Enjoy simplicity with the Hola! Music LEFT Handed 3/4 Size Acoustic Guitar. The fixed bridge mechanism ensures tuning stability and sonic projection, letting you play worry-free and focus on your song.
Release Your Melody
The Hola! Music LEFT Handed 3/4 Size Acoustic Guitar unleashes your musical creativity. This guitar may help you realise your musical goals, whether you’re just starting out or looking for a versatile partner. The beautiful sounds of Hola! Music will introduce you to music.
Must Read – Best acoustic guitar amp
LEFT Handed 3/4 Size (36 Inch) Acoustic Guitar Hola! Music First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Hola! Music
- The Hola! Music Left Handed 3/4 Size (36 Inch) Acoustic Guitar has a natural left-handed color and many features that make it a great option for left-handed players.
- The guitar features a spruce top and rosewood body, providing a warm and balanced sound.
- The guitar has a mahogany neck and back material and a walnut wood fretboard, providing smooth and comfortable playability.
- The guitar has exquisite decoration features, making it a beautiful and visually appealing instrument.
- The guitar is a compact and lightweight option, with an item weight of only 1 pound and a product dimension of 19 x 5 x 2 inches, making it a portable option for those looking for a guitar they can take with them on the go.
|specifications||Hola Music HG 36LFT 36 Inch 3 4 Size features|
|Color||Natural LEFT Handed|
7) Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic
Discover aural elegance with the Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic, the peak of left-handed guitar crafting. Its sleek Black finish and harmonic blend of spruce plywood, laminated body, and Sapele Wood back add richness and warmth.
Indulge in the peaceful embrace of the Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic. Your fingers slide smoothly across the strings with an Okoume Wood neck and Walnut Wood fretboard, generating melodies that are smooth and emotional.
Boost Your Expression
Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic empowers your musical journey. Its Piezoelectric pickup lets you explore acoustic landscapes alone or with an amplifier. The soul-enriching Phosphor Bronze strings give each note a richness and warmth.
Fusion of Craftsmanship
Experience the Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic’s excellence and artistry. Every part adds to a harmonically resonant tone, from the spruce plywood top to the laminated rosewood body and Sapele Wood back. The Mahogany neck and Walnut fretboard enhance its look and sound.
Tailored for Left-Handed Art
The Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic accommodates lefties. Its fascinating appearance, pleasant playing, and excellent sound quality make it a great companion for beginners and experts, stimulating musical progress.
A Melody Legacy
Use the Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic to unleash your melodies. For left-handed guitarists, its sleek Black design, superior materials, Piezoelectric pickup setup, and Phosphor Bronze strings make it a worthwhile addition. Use this wonderful instrument to give your music depth and vibrancy.
Make Your Sonic Odyssey
The Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic is a lyrical journey in a guitar. Its lovely tones evoke emotions and give uncompromising quality and performance for left-handed musicians. The Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic captures your musical journey, whether you’re a novice or a pro.
Must Read – Best acoustic guitar strap
Vangoa LEFT HANDED 12 String Guitar Acoustic First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Guitar MAX
- Made with high-quality materials, including spruce and rosewood
- Fretboard material type made from walnut wood for a smooth and comfortable playing experience
- Neck material type made from mahogany for durability
- Fixed bridge system helps to keep strings in tune and provide stability
- Excellent choice for left-handed guitarists who want a high-quality and durable instrument
|specifications||Hola Music HG 36LFT 36 Inch 3 4 Size features|
|Color||Natural LEFT Handed|
Best left handed acoustic guitar 2023- Complete Buying Guide
When it comes to buying a guitar, the choices can be overwhelming. Whether you’re right-handed or left-handed will impact which type of guitar is best for you. Left-handed guitars are not as widely available as right-handed guitars, but there are still great options out there for those of us who are southpaws.
There are several things to consider when looking for the best left handed acoustic guitar, such as body size and shape, neck materials, fretboard width and scale length. Additionally, some features common to all acoustic guitars such as types of woods used for the top boards and braces along with quality craftsmanship make the sound noticeably better in quality than an average model. It’s important to evaluate your needs before making a decision on which acoustic guitar is best for you.
In this guide we will go through many aspects to find the perfect left handed acoustic guitar that meets your needs in order bring out your artistic potential! With a broad range of price points and brands available on the market today, we’ve covered all bases to provide useful tips on how to choose a great sounding model that won’t break the bank either!
- Things to consider when looking for the best left-handed acoustic guitar:
- Body size and shape
- Neck materials
- Fretboard width and scale length
- Types of woods used for the top boards and braces
- Quality craftsmanship
Photo Source: nerdguitar.com
Benefits of Playing a Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar
Left-handed acoustic guitars offer a range of benefits over right-handed models. Perhaps the most important of these is the fact that playing left-handed is more natural for left-handers, providing them with a better playing experience. Additionally, having a reverse fretboard and strings allows players to use their thumb to access lower strings and their finger tips to access higher strings. This makes it easier to move around the neck quickly and accurately.
Another advantage of playing a left-handed guitar is that it often encourages lefties to expand their repertoire more quickly than if they had chosen a right-handed instrument. Lefties will find themselves able to understand chords and techniques more easily than if they had chosen an instrument designed for righties – this can be particularly advantageous for those starting out in guitar playing. Left-handed instruments can also help tone down existing bad habits that have developed from using “normal” instruments, as many bad habits are fingerings related. Finally, many players find themselves with more comfort when playing lefty – due to having a better bend on the higher register frets.
What to Look for When Buying a Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar
Buying a left-handed acoustic guitar requires a few things that are different than when buying for a right-handed player. First and foremost, you want to make sure the strings are strung the correct way. On top of that, there are several other elements to consider when shopping for your instrument:
- Type & Style of Guitar: Acoustic guitars come in several sizes, shapes and styles. When picking out your guitar, think about the type of music you most enjoy playing as well as the level of playing you plan to do with it. This will help guide you towards the best guitar for you to purchase.
- Body Material: You’ll have options between metal and wood bodies on many left-handed acoustic guitars – and sometimes even a combination of both materials. Wood gives an organic tone but may require more maintenance over time, while metal will give a stronger sound at higher volume levels but often lacks in warmth compared with wood. An important factor to consider is that metal bodies can also be heavier than their wooden counterparts, so try and get your hands on both types if possible before making a final decision.
- Neck & Fingerboard: The neck should fit comfortably in your hand when engaging with it during play, giving good access for fingerpicking or chord changes. The scale length – which is generally between 25″–26” – should suit how wide or narrow your hands typically are; wider necks offer easier access to bar chords while narrower necks give space between strings perfect for flatpicking or lead melodies on single note lines The fingerboard should also have frets which have been filed down smooth – this will give good string action along its entire length without any buzzing or dead spots where fingers struggle to depress onto them during playtime sessions! Finally think about whether eletronics would be handy too – such as if amplified sound is desired then active pickups could be included here too.
- Price Range: As always price range is something very important in looking at what guitar can fit into your budget – but don’t sacrifice quality over price here! There are lots of options available that won’t break the bank yet still offer excellent features such as beautiful shapely bodies made from solid woods like spruce tops mahogany sides back veneers and rosewood fret boards which all contribute to great tonal characteristics in any guitar setup!
Different Types of Left-Handed Acoustic Guitars
When shopping for a left-handed acoustic guitar, you’ll often be faced with three main categories to consider: steel-string, classical, and electric-acoustic. Each has its own distinct sound, feel and look.
Steel-string guitars are the most versatile of acoustic guitars, providing a bright sound with plenty of projection. They typically feature steel strings which makes them more familiar to western ears than nylon strings. Steel-strings are great for a variety of songs—from bluegrass to classic rock—and come in various body styles like dreadnoughts, parlors and jumbos.
Classical guitars have nylon strings that produce a soft tone more suitable for Latin American music or Spanish music. They are usually smaller than steel-strings and come with wider necks which can take used to take time getting used to if you’re not familiar with it already. Classical guitars usually feature either cedar or spruce top wood, while their backs and sides are usually made from mahogany or rosewood.
Electric-acoustic guitars offer the flexibility of both electric and acoustic sounds in one instrument. They feature pickups on the sound hole just like an electric guitar, allowing players to plug into an amplifier if they want louder volume control or want some distortion effects added while playing live shows or recording in a studio environment. Additionally, electric-acoustic guitars use heavier gauge strings compared steel strings giving it better tonal responsiveness when switched back into acoustic mode without requiring the player to change string sets.
Best Left-Handed Acoustic Guitars for Beginners
For new players, finding the right guitar can be a daunting task. The best left-handed acoustic guitars for beginners should provide an instrument that is comfortable to play, sounds good, and doesn’t break the bank. Here are a few key features to look for when buying a left-handed acoustic guitar:
- Body Type & Size: Acoustic guitars come in various body types and sizes, from smaller parlor shapes to jumbos and other larger bodies. Try out a few different size options to identify which shape feels most comfortable to you.
- Tone woods & Quality: Investing in a guitar made of high-quality tone woods like Sitka spruce tops with mahogany backs and sides will give you an instrument with excellent sound quality and lasting appeal.
- Strings: Check that the strings on your guitar match your style of playing – lighter gauge strings may be better suited for fingerpicking than heavier strings might be.
- Action & Setup: A good action setup means the strings are not too low or too high off of the fretboard, allowing you to play comfortably while creating nice clean tones with minimal buzzing or fretting out when strumming chords or leads.
- Playability: Be sure that both the neck profile and nut width feel comfortable in your hand, as this will affect your playing technique. Look for curvature along the neck that feels natural under your fingers; some solid wood models have slightly thicker necks than others do, so this should be considered when deciding which one is right for you.
Best Left-Handed Acoustic Guitars for Advanced Players
If you’re an advanced left-handed acoustic guitar player looking for a higher-end model, then you’ve come to the right place. In this section, we’ll look at some of the best left-handed acoustic guitars available on the market in 2023.
The Taylor BBT captures the dynamic range and natural resonance of top-end premium all-solid wood acoustic guitars. It features solid Sitka spruce soundboard with mahogany body, ebony fingerboard with diecast tuners, and an onboard preamp for great sound anywhere. With fantastic projection and tone volume throughout its range, it’s one of the best choices for experienced players looking for limitless sonic possibilities.
The Gibson J45 Lefty is another excellent choice for experienced players who appreciate classic tones as well as modern playability. The inspiring combination of a Sitka spruce top with mahogany back and sides give it a warm and balanced tone that will delight any player. The Gibson features Grover Rotomatic tuners, pearloid dot inlays on its rosewood fingerboard, traditional paneled safety-brace system for unbeatable resonance and stability, along with a unique quarter sawn block bracing system that helps bring out more of lower midtones frequencies than other models.
For those looking for an affordable lefty option that won’t damage your wallet, check out the Seagull S6 Original Left Handed Acoustic Guitar. It’s constructed from Canadian wild cherry back and sides paired with a pressure tested solid cedar top which gives it an open sound across many musical styles – blues to rock to country music–it can do it all! Other features include cream double binding; cutaway design; and Fishman Sonitone electronics which provide plenty of volume when plugged in to an amp or PA system.
Photo Source: guitarspace.org
Tips for Choosing the Right Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar
When selecting a left-handed acoustic guitar, it’s important to consider several factors. As a lefty, you’ll need to consider the orientation of the sound hole and pickguard, strings and fret nodes. Other important elements include body material and type, scale length, nut height and neck profile.
Body Shape: The shape of the guitar contributes greatly to its overall tone. Two common styles are grand auditorium (full waist) and dreadnought (sharper waist); they both feature round holes at the sound hole but differ in body size, shape and projection. Grand Auditorium guitars tend to have a richer, warmer tone as opposed to Dreadnoughts which are louder but less balanced with more bass response. It’s important to try out several types before making a purchase decision.
Body Material: Left-handed acoustic guitars range from entry level instruments made from laminate woods like Mahogany or Spruce to higher end instruments made from solid woods like Rosewood or Cedar. Laminate woods offer good tonal balance at an affordable price point while solid wood instruments offer beautiful natural tones that will improve with age as well as increased structural integrity for better durability.
Scale Length: Scale length refers to the total distance between the nut of the guitar neck and its bridge saddles in millimeters (mm). Generally speaking, most beginner models have scale lengths between 24″ – 25″. Scale length affects string tension which affects playability so it’ is important when selecting your first instrument that you choose one with an appropriate scale for your level of playing ability – longer scales will generally produce a louder sound but tend also be harder on your fingers when learning chords.
Nut Height: Nut height is another factor which affects finger comfort as well as playability – Poorly set up guitars can be difficult (or even painful) to play due to high action caused by incorrect nut heights; one way of overcoming this is by installing aftermarket adjustable nuts which allow precise height adjustments with an allen key.
Neck Profile: Neck profiles vary considerably – some have rounded edges while others are flat; these affect general ergonomics when playing chords or lead lines so make sure that you select one that feels comfortable in your left hand before committing to a purchase.
Finally once you’ve narrowed down your choice ensure that it has been given a professional inspection by your local guitar shop – they will not only be able generatee accurate information about any issues that may arise but also provide valuable advice on setup techniques for maintaining optimum condition over time.
By now, you have a better understanding of the best left-handed acoustic guitars on the market in 2023. Remember, there’s no “right” choice for everyone— it’s all about finding what works for your style and budget. If a guitar has an average user rating and solid features, then it may be worth looking into even further to determine if it would be a great fit for your playing needs.
When you compare guitars, look at individual features that make each one unique; are the materials nice? Is the fretboard tailored to your hand size and fretting technique? Do you like the sound? Ultimately, these are all important factors in choosing the right left-handed acoustic guitar for you.
When shopping online or in stores we suggest taking time to research customer reviews on products as these will give invaluable insight into how an instrument performs:
- Are the materials nice?
- Is the fretboard tailored to your hand size and fretting technique?
- Do you like the sound?
Which guitar is best for left-handed?
There are many good options for left-handed guitars, but ultimately the best one for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Some popular choices for left-handed guitarists include the Fender Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul, and Ibanez RG series.
Is there such a thing as a left-handed acoustic guitar?
Yes, there are left-handed acoustic guitars available. Many guitar manufacturers offer left-handed versions of their acoustic models.
Why are left-handed guitars cheaper?
Left-handed guitars are cheaper because they are less in demand than right-handed guitars, so manufacturers make fewer of them.
What is the best sounding acoustic guitar ever made?
The “best” sounding acoustic guitar ever made is a matter of personal opinion, as different people will have different preferences. Some popular choices among guitar players include the Martin D-28 and the Gibson J-200.
Is it hard to learn guitar as a lefty?
It is not necessarily harder to learn guitar as a lefty, but it may take some extra time and effort to find left-handed guitar resources and to adjust to playing left-handed.
Can a lefty play normal guitar?
A lefty can play a normal guitar by simply flipping it over and restringing it for left-handed playing, but it is not the optimal way to play and may cause some difficulties
Why do left-handed guitars cost more?
Left-handed guitars cost more due to their limited production and because manufacturers often have to make custom parts for them.
What is the best left-handed acoustic guitar for beginners?
The “best” left-handed acoustic guitar for beginners will depend on the person’s budget and preferences. Some popular choices for beginners include the Yamaha FG800 and the Fender CD-60S.
Who is the most famous left-handed guitar player?
One of the most famous left-handed guitar players is Jimi Hendrix, who was known for his innovative and influential guitar playing style.
How rare is a left-handed guitarist?
The percentage of left-handed guitarists is relatively small, around 10-15% of the total population.
John Frary is an author, musician, and CEO of theacousticguitar.com dedicated to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews of acoustic guitars and equipment. With decades of experience in the music industry, John is a trusted authority on all things related to guitars. He is committed to helping guitar enthusiasts of all levels find the perfect instrument and gear for their needs. Through his website and books, John shares his knowledge and expertise to help others achieve their musical goals.